Football season is here and I decided to share some recipes that work well for serving guests or friends. The first thing I want to post is my spin-off version of Buffalo Chicken Dip that Frank’s hot sauce came up with. Of course it calls for a hot red sauce. But, I like to use Parmesan Garlic Sauce* instead. It turned out great and my friends are always commenting on what a good idea it is. I like to make mine in the crock pot. Many versions of this suggest making it in the oven. I think you can prepare it anyway you like. The cheese just needs to be melted through.
YIELDS: 3 1/2 cups dip
Prep time: 10 minutes
• 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
• 1/2 cup Parmesan Garlic Wing Sauce
• 1/2 crumbled blue cheese or mozzarella cheese
• 2 cans (9.75 oz. each) Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in water, drained OR 2 cups shredded cooked chicken. (I will sometimes bake a couple of chicken breasts and dice them instead of using canned chicken)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth. Mix in salad dressing, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken. Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired.
Slow Cooker Method: Combine ingredients as directed above. Place mixture into small slow cooker. Cover pot. Heat on HIGHT setting for 1 1/2 hours until hot and bubbly or on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir.
Serve with crackers or vegetables.
*You can find Parmesan Garlic at your local wing franchise and sometimes in the grocery. I found some at Aldi’s the other day.